Advertisement

Wisconsin Old Fashioned | How to Drink

Wisconsin Old Fashioned | How to Drink I've never had one of these but today I'm making and testing the Wisconsin Old Fashioned, a cousin to the midcentury Old Fashioned that's made with brandy.

So, I'll admit a gaping whole in my knowledge (well, maybe more than one), in that I've never had a Wisconsin Old Fashioned, aka A Brandy Old Fashioned, aka A Wisco Old Fashioned. It somehow just hasn't happened, BUT, people have been requesting it for a long time around here, so it was time to dive in. I had to look around for a recipe I could trust and lo and behold, none other than Jeffrey Morgenthaler has weighed in on this one in a nicely produced video complete with humorous anecdotes, so I'm following his instructions. Since shooting this episode I've learned a bit more about the drink. Apparently I should have used Korbel Brandy here if I'm trying to be perfectly accurate. As near as anyone can tell the Wisconsin Old Fashioned was a product of Korbel's marketing and specific targeting of the nordic diaspora in the midwest. I went with Copper & Kings "A Song for Your", an excellent American brandy I happened to have on hand.

Wisconsin Old Fashioned
• 1 Maraschino Cherry
• 1 thin Orange Wedge
• 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
• 2 Teaspoon simple syrup
• Muddle to a paste
• Top with crushed ice
• 2 oz. -or- 60 ml. Brandy
• Stir, top with more ice, enjoy


Slowly but surely, I'm starting a mailing list so that I'm not fully dependent on YT's algorithmized notifications system. If you'll sign up, I promise not to abuse your generosity, or sell your info to anyone. It's over on the blog right here:


Jeffrey Morgenthaler's Vid:
Barfly Mixology Gear (Affiliate):
Crown & Caliber:
H2D2:
Twitch:
twitter:
instagram:
Blog:
Patreon:


Incredibly Awesome Patrons who make this show possible!
Adam Doyle
Aditya Choksi
Anthony Elias
Ben Stewart
Bill
Bradley Cronk
Brandon Wilson
Cartheon
CptWalmart
Dennis Groome
Erik Språng
Hooper Snow
James Evans
Jason McCauley
Jay C. Russell
Joaquin T.
Kimber Guzik
Kolya Venturi
Maria Rodi
Nicholas Tsotakos
Rachel Keys
reese cryer
Richard Rappuhn
Rob L
Rosemary H. Andrus
Russell Gernannt
Ryan Wolfe
Sean Makiney
Shaolin Luciano
Shelby Benton
Todd Swain
Trip Brennan
Uri Sacharow
Whiskey Tribe
William Madrid

#Midwest #Bartending #Cocktail
@MrBeast @Small Screen Drinks

htd,how to drink,mixology,tape brothers territory,alcohol,liquor,bartending,mixed drinks,how to,how to make,spirits,bitters,drink,cocktails,cocktail,classic,recipes,old fashioned,old fashioned cocktail,Wisconsin Old Fashioned,alternative old fashioned,other old fashioned,mid century old fashioned,mad men old fashioned,don draper,brandy,cognac,weird cocktail,weird american cocktails,weird midwest,midwest drink,midwest,jeffrey morgenthaler,jeff morgenthaler,

Post a Comment

0 Comments